Thursday, February 23, 2012

MOM

She sat there watching me all day long,

Her feet soaked in balmy water

Her eyes awaiting a return

She sang and sang in mellow

She swayed waiting to be carried away.

I didn’t see it coming,

I didn’t believe that the angels would turn their back on me

Her eyes and the long smooth hair,

The flawless she and the sinless heart so dear

Her idea of loving, and the selfless cheer.

I lost her its true, lost her for life,

am gonna have to make it through

I look at her photographs in disbelief

All that remains of her are the memories so perfect

The graceful lessons, the selfless care, the sacrifice and the humble prayers

She told me about the Lord, made me understand love, mothered me to understand life

And now she sits up there watching me once again…

I miss u too much

I know there will never be you, never another YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment