Tuesday, January 3, 2012

painful memories

I walked into the room, wondering what the day had in store for me. I was anxious, yet excited. There was a subtle sense of fear although a few hopeful thoughts continued trailing. But I wasn’t aware that joy was so short lived. A momentary bliss!

I soon felt the pain, sensed the fear and much before I knew, I was in tears. Never felt so unloved, so let down, so hopeless. A height of insensitivity was what was being reflected and it was unavoidable. I felt my stomach crumble and my knees grow week. Waking out of my comfort zone, a sudden realization crept in and before I knew, I was in tears crying out for a soul to tell me it would be okay. But the light grew dimmer and the flames sharper. Every word I heard pierced my heart and I only wanted to run away hoping to never return, wishing it would be over and I continued craving for a hand to life me out to glory…

No comments:

Post a Comment